Education Programs

Tuition Assistance/Funding

Want to start or continue your education for Free? Our Tuition Assistance program is available to all active-duty Service members and can provide up to $4500 a year to assist you in meeting your goals. We also provide financial resources to the spouses of active duty Service members and can help you understand how to take advantage of the GI Bill. Read below for more details, and give us a call for assistance in determining your best option.


Scholarships can help pay for college or career school, and don’t have to be repaid. Learn about scholarship opportunities.

The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation application is available now. All eligible children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen should apply! For more info go to

What kinds of scholarships are available, and how do I get one?

List of Scholarships for Service Members, Spouses, Dependents, and Civilians
The most up to date information on My Career Advancement Account (MYCAA)

Tuition Assistance Funding Program (TA)

TA offers financial assistance to Service members who elect to pursue Off-Duty or Voluntary Education, funding 100% of tuition up  to $4,500/year.

How to Apply for TA:

  • First-time students must complete the TA Orientation Brief prior to using TA.
  • Apply for TA using Web Tuition Assistance.

Click the links below to open a presentation that will guide you through using the system and submitting requests.

WEB TA Instructions Guide (PDF)

Web TA Application Command Approval Guide (PPT)

TA Requirements:

  • You must submit a degree plan before TA will be approved.
  • TA will fund up to 100% of institution charges for tuition only.
  • TA is not authorized for fees.
  • TA is not authorized for books.
  • TA is not authorized for courses leading to a lateral or lower level degree than you already possess (i.e. second Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree).
  • Officers using TA agree to remain on active duty for two (2) years following the completion of the TA funded course.

If you or your family member receives tuition assistance or is a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Scholarship recipient, you are encouraged to submit feedback here. Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS)

Deployed and Long Distance TA

WEB TA Instructions Guide (PDF) Web TA Application Command Approval Guide (PPT)

To be eligible to use the webTA system, all first time students must complete the steps below. Once you complete all the steps, view the webTA brief at the top of this page for instructions on how to submit your paperwork for processing.

Step One: Complete the Higher Education Preparation course, print the certificate at the end, sign and return via fax or email to the Cherry Point Education Office at 252-466-5996 or Access Higher Education Preparation (HEP).

Step Two: The Statement of Fees (SOF) is a document or series of documents that verifies the start and end date of the course(s), course information, and course cost. Students frequently obtain their SOF by downloading it from their student online account, the school’s website, or in an email from their academic advisor or financial aid representative.

A current SOF must accompany each TA request. It must be uploaded to the webTA system. Step Three: The curriculum/degree plan is a complete list of courses required for a specific degree. Remember, when using military TA you MUST be degree seeking! Students obtain their curriculum by downloading it from their student online account, the school’s website, or in an email from their academic advisor. The document is utilized to verify that the courses the student is requesting will work towards their degree. If a student changes his/her degree or school, a new curriculum is needed. This must be uploaded to the webTA system.