The school liaison is available to help with ALL K-12 education issues for public, private, DoDEA and home-schooled students. Contact the School Liaison to discuss assistance with finding schools in the area, transitions, deployments, moving tips and school advice. You can also get resources for tutoring, scholarships and SAT/ACT prep.
Age of attendance
NC state law mandates a student entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before August 31.
Assignment is based on the attendance zone in which the student’s parent/guardian is domiciled.
Public schools in North Carolina provide a free, safe and reliable system of transportation for eligible students.
School Registration – What to bring:
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate (not the “Mother’s Copy”)
- Proof of residency in the form of tax statement, rental or lease agreement, dated residence contract, or current utility bill.
- Picture ID to substantiate the proof of residency.
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Custody documentation (if applicable)
- High School students– Previous school’s withdrawal forms and copy of the most recent report card or school transcript
School Report Cards / Snapshots
NC School Report Cards are provided for each public, charter, and alternative schools in operation during the school year. NC School Report Cards .
North Carolina law requires that any student registering in North Carolina Public Schools for the first time is required to submit a health assessment, regardless of grade within 30 days. The Health Assessment shall be made no more than 12 months prior to the date of school entry. Click on the following link for the needed form School Health Assessment Form In preparation of your move, it might be a good idea to have this form completed before you arrive with your child’s current PCM.