It’s that time of year again, time to ensure you are prepared if a hurricane or other hazardous weather makes landfall this year. Included in this article are some helpful tips and suggestions along with this Emergency Preparedness Guide to keep on hand in case of a weather emergency.
Some basic suggestions for being prepared are below.
- Know your hurricane evacuation routes. If you are ordered to evacuate, which route will you take?
- Have a basic emergency kit ready. This kit can include flashlights, batteries, first-aid kits, cash, extra prescribed medicines, etc.
- Have a meeting place and a plan for contacting family members.
- Know the difference between a hurricane watch and a warning.
- Follow this simple guide for preparedness.
We’ll always post news, information and updates on our homepage as we receive them. Additionally, here are weather hotlines you may call for updates.
- MCCS Cherry Point Weather Hotline for Staff: 252-466-6737
- MCAS Cherry Point Hotline: 252-466-3093
- Fleet Readiness Center East Hotline: 252-464-8333
- Naval Health Clinic Cherry Point Hotline: 252-466-1188
- DLA: 252-466-4083
Prepare yourself and your family now in case of a hurricane or other hazardous weather. Your family’s safety is important and by taking a few simple steps, you and your family can be well prepared.