- This event has passed.
Facilitating Career Development
January 15, 2019 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Facilitating Career Development (FCD) training is a precursor to obtaining both the internationally recognized Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) credential and the Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) credential. An individual possessing the GCDF and/or the CCSP credential is equipped to be the subject matter expert in many areas such as:
- Career resources and labor market information
- Career planning processes
- Basic helping and facilitation skills
- Career development models and theories
- Informal and formal assessment approaches
- Diversity and specific population needs
- Development and maintenance of an effective career resource center
- Training others and program promotion
- Case management and referral skills
- Ethical and scope-of-practice issues
- Professional and resource portfolios
To register for the training course, potential participants MUST schedule a registration interview with a course instructor.