Cherry Tree House Summer Camp 2022
- Cherry Tree House Summer Camp request for care begins Apr. 1, 2022 at 8 a.m. at MilitaryChildcare.com.
- Ages 5-12 (children MUST be enrolled in kindergarten in order to attend camp)
- All registration, income verification, health assessments and seasonal flu vaccination documentation MUST be up to date.
- Contact Resource & Referral to find out if you’re ready. Call 466-5079/5605/3595.
Child care in the early years must be more than just a place to drop them off. We understand that every moment is an opportunity for kids to learn about the world and how to grow into it. Their physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development are our top priorities. Our programs provide safe, nurturing, and positive environments for your children, and we encourage you to participate in the development of our programs and services. There are various options to meet the needs of your children and to work with your schedule.
Child Development Centers (CDC)
6 weeks – 5 years. Children cannot be enrolled in kindergarten
The Child Development Center (CDC) offers full-time care. Our centers are fully accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and deliver a day guided by the Early Learning Matters (ELM) Curriculum for the age appropriate development of your child. All CDCs comply with DoD standards for staff qualifications, program quality, safety, sanitation and nutrition.
Full Time Care | Available Mon-Fri, 6:15 am-5:15 pm. Closed weekends & holidays. No hourly care available at this time.
Child Development Center Registration Forms (updated October 2021)
- DOD Request for Care
- Children and Youth Registration Form
- Child Guidance and Discipline Policy
- Release of Liability/Taking Temperatures
- USMC Children and Youth Programs Health Assessment
- NC Dept of Health Child Enrollment Form
- NC Dept of Health Child Income Eligibility Application
Benefits of CDC
- Parent Advisory Board provides recommendations for improving programs & services
- Parent Participation Program encourages parents to be involved from A to Z (parent participation is suspended/limited at this time due to COVID guidance)
- Early Learning Matters (ELM) Curriculum is child centered to promote individual learning and interests
- Balance of indoor, outdoor, field trips, active and quiet activities
- Conferences are both scheduled and encouraged on a daily basis to plan, assess, and set goals
Before & After School Care – The Cherry Tree House
** Cherry Tree House/School Age Care operations suspended, as of 23 August 2021, due to critical staffing shortages. To help us restore services go to: https://careers.usmc-mccs.org and search for the Child and Youth Program Assistant. **
5 – 12 years, 5 year olds must be enrolled in kindergarten
Nationally accredited school age care is available for children enrolled in school, and offers after school, intersession, single day and summer camp options. These planned and supervised activities accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) are provided at The Cherry Tree House. School age care provides a safe, supervised, healthy, age-appropriate environment while parents are at work. Transportation is provided to and from Havelock area schools for the before and after school programs.