Whether you’re a veteran employee of MCCS or seeking a career with us, this page is the only stop you need to make. Use this page to find information on our application process, employee benefits, and employee training events. MCCS employees are highly motivated and willing to serve those who serve by providing support through mission, career, and life events.
Q: How do I add my resume?
- The method of attaching your resume that retains your formatting, bullets and color choices, is to upload it rather than copying and pasting the text. Please remember to add your assessment question responses as a separate page to the end of the resume if you are applying for a position which requires them.
- Q: How do I delete resumes & attachments once they’ve been uploaded?
- Use the trash icon next to the attachment.
- Q: Why won’t the system allow me to move forward?
- Some questions in the application are mandatory. These questions are marked with an asterisk, and must be populated or you cannot move forward. Please check to see if these are answered.
- Q: How do I attach documents to my application?
- Once you create your profile in the Careers page, you can attach documents in the “My Careers Tools” page under “Cover Letters and Attachments” section. Click “add attachment”. A window will open allowing you to browse files to find your attachment. Click “Upload to add the document to your profile. Once you click “Save and Return” you will see the new attachment.
- Q: Is there another place that reminds me to answer the assessment questions, other than the job announcement?
- There is not another place that will alert applicants to upload assessment questions, transcripts or other attachments that may be required by the position. Please read the announcement completely and ensure that everything is attached before the closing date. You may attach your assessment questions to your resume before you upload it, or you may submit your assessment questions after clicking “Submit Application”. In all cases, all documents must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on the closing date of the application.
- Q: What is the best way to attach my assessment questions?
- Assessment question responses should be attached as a separate page at the end of your resume. If you do not attach them to your resume, please attach them under “My Career Tools, selecting “Other” as the attachment type. If attaching them as a separate file, please include the 4-digit job code in the name, such as: “1040 Assessment Questions”
- Q: Am I allowed to upload attachments to my profile once I have applied for a job?
- Yes, attachments can be uploaded to your profile, under “My Career Tools” at any time until 11:59 pm on the closing date of a job. Documents attached and uploaded/reuploaded after the closing date of the position will not be considered with your application.
PeopleSoft User Instructions
- How do I log in?
- If you are using a “.org” computer, you can use the link here to log in https://hrms.usmc-mccs.org/psp/hprd.
- How does PeopleSoft Internet access work?
- Using Internet Explorer, or your preferred web browser, employees can log-in with the following URL: https://hrms-sslvpn.usmc-mccs.org from home or anywhere. The secure access page appears. Employees will be prompted for their Windows User ID (i.e. KNOWLESB) and Password. The default password will be HeL$Lo and the last 6 digits of your SSN. If your password needs to be reset, please contact the local IT Helpdesk. A Security Usage Warning also displays. Employees should review and confirm their agreement for usage to access the PeopleSoft homepage. Read the agreement, select USA for the realm and click the agreement submit button. Employees will be routed to the PeopleSoft link. Click on the PeopleSoft link to access the PeopleSoft log-in page. Enter your PeopleSoft User ID and password. The initial password to logon to peoplesoft is MCCS and the last 6 digits of your SSN.
- What is the benefit of PeopleSoft?
- Employees can conveniently view, update, and print their personal, benefits, and payroll data from home, including Pay Advice and W2’s when not at work.
- Important Reminder:
- Internet Access to PeopleSoft is designed for Employee use in accordance with local command guidance and policies. Be sure to SIGN OUT when you are finished.
- How can I contact PeopleSoft?
- Questions about Windows log-in or PeopleSoft log-in? Contact your IT Helpdesk.
Email: Help Desk
What are Assessment Questions?
- Assessment questions are critical elements of the application process. Assessment questions enable the Staffing team to evaluate your qualifications for the position among other candidates. Responses to these questions enable us to quantify and qualify experience that candidates must possess in order to perform the major duties of the position.
- How do I submit my Assessment Questions?
- During the online application process while applying for specific positions, applicants must attach responses to the Assessment Questions. The Assessment Questions are found in the Qualifications of the Job Posting Section. Please follow one of the options listed below:
- Upload a resume and REQUIRED responses to Assessment Questions, labeled A, B, C, etc. as the last page of your resume (Assessment Questions will be found in the Job Posting).
- Copy and paste your resume text and REQUIRED responses to Assessment Questions, labeled A, B, C, etc. at the conclusion
of your resume (Assessment Questions will be found in the Job Posting).
- If you choose to apply without using a resume, you must include responses to the REQUIRED Assessment Questions
in this job posting as an attachment to your profile under “My Career Tools” (Assessment Questions will be found in the Job Posting). Please name the file “Assessment Questions-Job Title-Job #”.
- What information should my Assessment Questions contain?
- Specific position titles and organization name (current and former NAF employees include NAF grade level)
- Annotate employment status for example: Flexible/Part Time/Full Time
- Employment dates (month/year)
- Examples in detail for each work experience listed
- What about volunteer experience?
The amount of credit received for volunteer, internships and practicums is based on the amount of hours per week spent. Be sure to include the average hours per week worked in volunteer roles.
- How much experience should I include in my Assessment Questions?
- Your Assessment Question responses can be based on work, volunteer, internship or practicum experience. There is no limit on how far back your related experience may be credited.
- Will I receive credit for classroom experience?
- Student experience within a class other than internship or practicum will not be counted as experience. For example, taking a Microsoft Office class is not counted as related experience. Experience is credited for time spent demonstrating a skill, versus time spent learning that skill in a classroom environment.
- How do I list multiple positions within one company?
- Annotate employment dates (month/year) for each position separately to convey related experiences for each position held. Be sure to include specific position titles.
- How do I list positions with similar duties at different companies?
- If you have held numerous positions with related experience throughout your work history, be sure to list them separately to include specific position titles and employment dates (month/year) in reference to the specific Assessment Question. If related experience is the same information for multiple responses to the Assessment Questions, repeated answers are acceptable.
- What experience do I include in the Assessment responses?
- Only list relative experience related to the Assessment Question. Your Assessment Question responses will be evaluated only on relevant experience related to the question asked.
Nearly half of our Marine Corps Community Services Cherry Point employees are affiliated with our military, of which the majority are spouses of relocated military service members. Being a military spouse does not mean that your career has to end! Marine Corps Community Services are located at all Marine Corp installations with potential continuation of your career.Spouse Preference Program
This is a Department of Defense program instituted to lessen the adverse impact on the career paths of spouses of Active Duty Service members. The program grants eligible spouses, who are among the best qualified for positions graded NF-3 and below and equivalent hourly paid positions, a special preference in the selection process.Spouse Preference requires a copy of the active duty member’s orders with the spouse’s name listed. Effective 7 Oct 04, Spousal Preference applicants hired in a flexible position will not lose their spousal preference eligibility until transferred or hired into a regular Full-Time or Part-Time position.There is no limit to the number of times spouse preference may be applied to referral and selection for non-continuing positions. Spouses may be simultaneously referred for continuing and non-continuing positions. Eligibility terminates due to acceptance or declination of an offer of a continuing Full-Time or Part-Time position.Who is eligible?
A Spouse Preference Eligible is a wife or husband of an active duty military member of the Armed Forces, including the Coast Guard or a member of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. To be eligible for the preference, the spouse preference eligible must have entered into marriage with the military sponsor before the military sponsor’s relocation to the new duty station. The spouse must be relocating within 30 days with the military member.
How Do I Apply?
During the online application process, while applying for the specific position, spouses must upload the following completed documents:
- Spouse Preference Form
- Permanent Change of Station Orders (PCS)
- A copy of the Marriage License, unless the spouse is named on the PCS Orders
MCCS Cherry Point offers a competitive benefits package to all Regular and Part-time employees. The EAP program is offered at no cost to all employees, regardless of participation in other benefits.
Health Benefits (Open Choice)
Health & Dental Docs & Forms
Aetna Wellness Calendar
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Care
Vacation, Sick & Holiday Leave
LifeMart Discount Center
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- This benefit is available to all employees, regardless of participation in the above benefits program.
When you’re faced with issues, concerns and questions that you’ve never had to deal with before, you may not know where to turn for help. Fortunately, your company has made Employee Assistance program (EAP) services available to you at no cost. Take advantage of a wide array of online trainings, resources, tools, and tips designed to help you improve on your overall wellness.EAP provides support through life’s challenges and opportunities. Call the toll-free number to speak confidentially with a trained, compassionate professional.
Contact Your EAP
Toll-Free 24/7: 1-800-424-5988
- Family or parenting issues
- Work/life balance
- Alcohol or drug dependencies
- Adjusting to change
- Child and elder care
- Pre- and post-natal concerns
- Tools and Calculators
- And much more
Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 (HSPD-12) regulates the issuance of the Common Access Card (CAC) to all NAF employees, requiring a National Agency Check Inquiry prior to its issuance. The CAC serves as identification for building and installation access, and network logon for federal employees. Current employees wishing to renew their CAC card must contact the Human Resources Office at 252-466-2301 45 days in advance of expiration to verify record of a background check or initiate the process. All Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) employees must successfully complete a National Agency Check Inquiry (NACI) background check as a condition of employment. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.