The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) provides support and assistance to families with medical, behavioral and educational special needs. Did you know that EFMP….
- Provides Family Support – Each family is assigned a Family Case Worker that works with you & your family to provide support, assistance and information as needed. Your Family Case Worker contacts you once each quarter and more often if needed.
- Provides Information and Referrals – We have information on resources available at MCAS Cherry Point and in the community.
- Provides Respite Care – Short term child/adult care is available for FamilyMembers who meet Level of Need (LoN) requirements. Qualifying families are eligible for reimbursement for up to twenty hours of respite care per month. This allows family members to have an opportunity to take a break and is not intended to replace routine child care. (Level of Need 3 & 4 children & Level of Need 4 adults are eligible for respite.)
- Assists with Medical and Education Advocacy – We can help you with resources to obtain necessary medical care and educational services.
- Assists with TRICARE Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) information and enrollment – ECHO provides additional services above TRICARE Prime.
- Provides Relocation Assistance & Support – Whether you are coming to MCAS Cherry Point or moving to another installation, we work to provide seamless transitions by ensuring appropriate services are available at your next duty station.
- Attends Individual Education Plan (IEP) Meetings– Your Family Case Worker will assist you before the meeting by discussing with you the goals you hope to achieve for your child. Upon request, they will also attend IEP meetings at your child’s school.
- Provides events to enrich your family – We have special events which are both fun and educational for you and your family.
The Exceptional Family Program is located in the Marine and Family Programs Building (232) on the Corner of 4th and E Streets and our telephone numbers are 252-466-7533 & 252-466-8002. Please stop by or call us if you have a family member with a medical, behavioral or educational need and let us assist your family. We welcome questions and suggestions and hope to hear from you!