Child care in the early years must be more than just a place to drop them off. We understand that every moment is an opportunity for kids to learn about the world and how to grow into it. Their physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development are our top priorities. Our programs provide safe, nurturing, and positive environments for your children, and we encourage you to participate in the development of our programs and services. There are various options to meet the needs of your children and to work with your schedule.
Child Development Centers (CDC)
6 weeks – 5 years, Children cannot be enrolled in kindergarten
The Child Development Center (CDC) offers full time and hourly care. Our centers are fully accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and deliver a day guided by the Creative Curriculum for the age appropriate development of your child. All CDCs comply with DoD standards for staff qualifications, program quality, safety, sanitation and nutrition.
Full Time Care | Is available Mon – Fri, 6:00am – 6:00pm
Hourly Care | Is available Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 5:00pm, ages 6 weeks to 12 years old.
CDC and Cherry Tree House Registration* Updated August 5, 2016
Benefits of CDC
- Parent Advisory Board provides recommendations for improving programs & services
- Parent Participation Program encourages parents to be involved from A to Z
- Creative Curriculum is child centered to promote individual interests and needs
- Balance of indoor, outdoor, field trips, active and quiet activities
- Developmental assessments provided by each child’s primary teacher
- Conferences are both scheduled and encouraged on a daily basis to plan, assess, and set goals
Before & After School Care – The Cherry Tree House
5 – 12 years, 5 year olds must be enrolled in kindergarten
Nationally accredited school age care is available for children enrolled in school, and offers after school, intersession, single day and summer camp options. These planned and supervised activities accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) are provided at The Cherry Tree House. School age care provides a safe, supervised, healthy, age-appropriate environment while parents are at work. Transportation is provided to and from Havelock area schools for the before and after school programs.